Friday, March 30, 2007

It's so wonderful to have work to do now, but not having to worry about it interfering with finding time to do that thing of which I am no longer allowed to blog about.
I still have music to learn for my Jury and some songs to accompany for someone else's jury, but my time in a practice room has seemed so much more laid back.
I have lots of Theory marking to do this weekend, apparently I need them done before 10am Monday morning... which means I will take them to the school Sunday night... cause we all know how I feel about the mornings..
Two more assignments to do for this piano pedagogy class and then the exam - gosh, I cannot wait for this, my last academic class, to be over with!
I also have a composition lesson next wednesday.. I still have nothing composed. My teacher is really easy going and I think he'll be fine with that, but I want to make use of the last few lessons before I'm on my own to prepare for my Graduate Studies.

Wow, minor freakout that I have to relearn everything that I learned for the insanity of entrance exams!!! argh! Oh well, that's a summer project.
Other summer projects:
-Doing a soundtrack for a dance film. The producer doesn't want traditional music, so who knows what I'll come up with.
-Making billions of dollars doing random work
-If I have time, I'm going to re-teach myself piano technique so I can implement it into my improvisations. Also, it should help me build some of the skills I should have developed before or at the beginning of my undergrad.

Ooh, earlier this evening, I did some online banking.... long story short - I've paid off the lingering credit card debt from Xmas/Vegas completely and I have a couple of month's rent in a savings account. It's a meager start, but the summer hasn't even begun. I don't plan on doing any traveling or anything that will cost lots of money, so I'm going to try and put as much money away as possible. I figured it's about time I start treating my finances responsibly...

In other news, I started giving parts to people for a recording/performance of my ensemble piece I wrote last term. I'm hoping to get it recorded soon after school's out, but it's kinda bad timing and there are limited resources for some instruments.
Fingers crossed and thumbs pressed!

No comments: