Thursday, April 19, 2007

As I think I'd mentioned earlier, I've been accepted to 2 universities that I was choosing between. The first one had let me know what they'd give me for finances. I've been waiting for the other university to get their act together and let me know.
I had narrowed the choice down to: if the the second school offered me more than the first, I'd go there, otherwise I'd go to the first one.
Finally, today I heard from the second school, and they offered me less money, SO
I have decided to go to University of Western Ontario.

I still have to make the final decision final by informing both schools of my decision.

Anyway, now I know what my funding situation is. Looking at the rough figures... after tuition, I am a little bit shy of a monthly rent for the year. That doesn't include food and other expenditures. At least I know where I stand. There is a possibility that I might get a TA position... if I do, then that would give me enough money squeak by somewhat comfortably.
Presently, the plan is to work enough this summer to be able to pay the bills next year and still get a fair chunk of composing done!
I applied for a StatsCan job, if I get that, great! If not.. who knows! For now, we'll just hope that everything works out just fine!

Tomorrow morning is my last piano exam ever! I am so excited and feel good to have this portion of my life out of the way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elections MB is hiring students.

Yippee for fun frolicking in London!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pooey for extending the circle... this isnt an elastic band you know, it HAS limitations...........
But for you, the circle can stretch to the ends of the Earth!!! I'll hold down the fort :) You just go get er done!

Anonymous said...

yay western!! *jealous*
I would say get a loan. People hate loans, but if you work for a year after graduation they are mostly paid off. You need to consider how much free time you'll need for composing, and you prolly won't have time for working. Just a thought.
Yay! Perhaps i shall come visit you some time. London is fun (i hear).