Monday, April 23, 2007

Assumptions and expectations are weird things. I had always kept in the back of my mind as a backup plan, that if I didn't get accepted anywhere else, I would be stuck in Winnipeg at the same university and all that stuff. I never really acknowledged the possibility that I would be stuck in Winnipeg with nothing to do....
Today I got a letter from my home university saying that they didn't have room to accept me into the comp program, so I am on a waiting list. Also, back up a month ago or more to when I got the letter about the fellowship application - if I were to stay in Winnipeg, even if I did move past the waiting list and into the program, I would have no funding...
That's just some food for thought. Fortunately, that is not anything close to the situation that I am actually in. This morning, I officially accepted my offer of admission at the University of Western Ontario. The information from them that I need now is when school starts so I know when I will have to move out there.

In other news, last night my rambling rant was the funnest blog entry I've had in a long time! It reminded me of what got me into blogging in the first place. I hope to bring more of those moments into everyone's life from now on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you move I will cry.
Because I will miss you.
I'm willing to let you go... but I'm not happy about this.
I want your flower first.
Or at least that special part that only a friend who gets attached can have.
You know the part, you've seen me take it from sooo many others.
And when you meet little musical hottie in London, I'm gonna come take her flower, too. And when you make babies, I will make them fat.
But if you EVER EVER get another FUCKING GNOME again, I will have to smash you all with a very large hammer.
:)Cause these are all thigns that I do.

Michael Park said...

You do those things!