Sunday, April 08, 2007

As you may remember, my recital was the last for a week long stint of piano recitals. As I'm thinking ahead to the recitals coming up, I think about how the pianists should support each other:
It disappoints me to remember that none of the other pianists doing recitals this year came to my recital. I'm not being super self riteous and claiming that all the pianists should have come to my recital, but there was so little support this year from the pianists. The only one I missed was the one the night before my own, and I managed to listen through the door for the last piece. I think that shows the kind of support that the student body needs, and I don't think that was shown by all.
I think I'm just disappointed because I expected it to be a big bonding experience amongst the pianists because there were so many of us doing recitals this year. Anyway, I have all the recital credits I need for the year so I can afford to be picky.
I do plan on attending quite a few more recitals, most importantly those of my friends who have been supportive over the last few years and this year too.

I'm thinking of listening to my recital today..... I really have no recollection of how things went in specific areas, so I know I'm not going to be listening for certain things to go wrong... I think I have a blank enough palate to listen to it.
I'm not sure about how to or even whether or not to listen to the improv.... I really should have gotten it video recorded, cause that would be amazingly helpful, but oh well.
More importantly, I have to mark another theory assignment today... at least 3 hours more, then I have to get them to the university, which might be closed today, that would be problematic.... So ya, if I have enough time I'll listen to my recital and I have to practice tonight... apparently my jury piece is supposed to be memorized by wednesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm not sure if the flute faculty specifically is unsupporting, but i do know that NO ONE came to the flute recital Cassandra and I put on.
And yet, every flute player was at Charmaine's recital.
How is that fair? Should people only go to the recitals for people who are the 'best'? How does that work, because Cassandra IS 'the best'. I'm not sure.
Moral of the story?
Count on no one to come. Then, the people who do show up will make your day.
(again, unless no one shows up. Ugh. i suck.)