Monday, April 16, 2007

Dance related post

Ballet Exams today.
Two of the classes I accompany on Saturdays had their ballet exams today. The younger ones were all about 10 years old and doing their Grade 1 exams. So cute. They were mildly retarded, but in a nice way. They had their little minds so focussed on what they were expecting to do, that they didn't really understand what the examiner was asking. I had to try not to laugh at how silly they looked when he would ask them to stand a certain way and they would just look like a deer in headlights. Anyway, they were funny but they all did really well I'm certain.
The examiner was very efficient and got the exams done well ahead of schedule.... so different from music exams and similar things...

On my lunch break, I ran into an old friend from high school. She's been a touring musician for quite a while now and she's doing really well both in life and with her career. I feel so privileged when I think of the people I spent time with in high school and what people have done with themselves there since; whether it be music, politics, kickboxing, academics, or whatever else my friends have gotten themselves into.

My eye has been twitching lately, and my jaw cracking and excessively tense, and of course shoulder tension... but I've been not playing piano much at all. I don't understand- I need to relax apparently... grr.

Back to the dance related things:
I think I'm going to actually take dance classes this summer. For the whole month of July, I can take 5 nights a week of dance classes for staff discount. I will take Ballet, Modern, Jazz and Body Conditioning. I just hope there is a way to fit everything else I hopefully will have on my schedule into that... Maybe I'll just find a day job so I can have evenings open for dancing...

No comments: