Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Lately, I had a test of professionalism. I think I both passed and failed. I was playing a piece for a friend's composition jury. I played it for him to hear a few days ago and it was terrible - I had not spent enough time working on the piece, so it was very poorly played with wrong notes and a lack of confidence. I felt really bad about playing so badly, but not for my sake... I felt guilty for stressing him so close to his jury. Nevertheless, I spent much more time on the piece later that evening and then the next day. When I played it for him right before his jury, he was much happier. It's exciting to see how much progress I can make in a very short time period when I work at it. If only I could be that productive at all times....
In the end, I think we were both satisfied with the performance. It came across well at the jury, so that it good, but I'm not sure that I should be satisfied with my work ethic in general.
However, it has influenced me positively, I spent time practicing stuff for Chris's jury so that I can be even better prepared.

Other than that.. not much new.. Chris's Jury will be my last performance related to university of manitoba.. ever! I got a huge stack of final exams to mark... yay! I've sorta avoided them but that will need to get done a lot over the next little bit.
I got blood work done today for my Endocrinologist appointment next week. I'm anxious to see if my A1C has improved, I've been working harder to keep tighter control.. and this will tell me if it's been at all effective. I've made a list of things I have to ask about... like a referral to a new Endo in London Ont. that might be nice

No comments: