Saturday, May 26, 2007

Back to paperwork!

Grad school applications are so long passed, that I felt the need for paperwork yet again. I also feel the need for as much funding as possible. The due date for Manitoba Arts Council bursary requests is Friday, June 1'st... so I need to be quick. So far, the only thing that might get in the way are the damned transcripts.... always the problem. I have one left over from U of W, and I thought I did from U of M too, but I guess not... also, they're not updated yet, because I haven't graduated yet.. and they're all from before this term's marks were in.
Speaking of grad, I totally missed the cut off date for getting info in on whether or not I'm going to the grad ceremony - I was mostly avoiding the situation. I don't really want to go, but my parents are convincing me to - University is sorta a big deal to them. Apparently, I'm going to be the first one on either side of the family to do a Master's degree... I'll be the most highly educated member of my family... hahaha! My dad has always said I was (a) smart (ass).
Anyway, I'm not doing all that much, so I might as well start running around trying to get money for school.
Oh ya, back to why I was talking about the grad ceremony, I emailed to see if it was too late to attend the ceremony, and the guy said that I should come in to fill in the paperwork for the cap and gown and whatnot. While I'm there, I can also get more transcripts... if they can get them ready by thursday/friday.... though I don't want to leave it that long. Oh ya, I also have lots of medical bills that I need to try and get covered by the UMSU health plan. I was smart and didn't opt out this year, because I knew that my dad's insurance would run out half way through the year. Since then, I've just been absorbing the extra costs, but I can actually get the money back.. it will be like Christmas.. or Income tax time!

This year, I was sad because I didn't really get any money back around tax time because I filled out paperwork saying not to take off the taxes, so I signed forms for some summer work saying to take it off again.. but I have a feeling I shouldn't have... I never seem to be happy with how finances work out.

No comments: