Wednesday, May 30, 2007

so, I got a bit more done on that career goals thing.... slowly coming along.

Tonight I started an online German learning course. I figure I'll put some effort into it before going to Berlin. I want to somewhat not make an ass of myself. I'm feeling pretty confident that my pronunciation won't be horrible, but with all languages, it's the lack of facility I have with the vocabulary. In fact, I'm noticing that more and more in English even. Not that I have a terrible vocabulary in my native tongue, but words don't find themselves easily or quickly in my head. My friends keep saying that I have a natural aptitude for languages, but I seriously think I have some sorts of linguistic misorganizations going on dans ma tete!
Anyway, I wrote down a lot of verbs in a little rabbit notebook, so I'll try to memorize and figure out how to use some of them over the next few days, then I'll start adding more nouns into the vocab and try to combine the two categories together.

Tomorrow I get to pick up transcripts in the late afternoon. Once I have that, I have everything for my application, it's just a matter of fixing up my budget and the career goal form.

No comments: