Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm just writing a quick post on the last few minutes of my extra long lunch break today, just to say everything is going well.
There isn't really anything worth blogging about yet today, so I won't bother.
Or maybe there is.
I got my score for Hair yesterday. I'm accompanying a summer production of my favorite musical. There's a fair number of cuts to it, but it's still going to be a massive chunk of music. Nevertheless, as with most musical theater music, there aren't that many parts that I'm going to have to drill and learn like I have to with Classical music. With a bass player and a drummer, the role of the piano will be different anyway, so it's not necessary that I learn everything exactly as written anyway. But I definitely want to have a strong familiarity with the music before I run off to Germany for half a month. I will be jumping into rehearsals as soon as I get back from Berlin.

No comments: