Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Fun Day.
Fiona did not win the seat she was running for, BUT she did get something like 1,700 votes, which is 20 percent of the popular vote - quite an accomplishment for someone's first campaign. Also working 12+ hour days for the past 30-someodd days on someone else's campaign, I'm super proud of my friend for her initial political successes!
The riding that Fi was working in during the election was also the one I was helping out in. Today Fi and I were walking out in the rain for a few hours trying to get people out of their houses to vote... unfortunately it was raining very heavily and I was very very wet!

Today was the recording. We had discussion time and ran the piece 3 times. The experience was amazing. To start off, the ensemble was very clear in what they did and didn't understand about my performance notes. They were able to answer their own questions as a group, so I feel comfortable that I could give the score to an ensemble and they could prepare something without my presence. The ensemble was also stacked with very good players who were also very responsive to what I was looking for through the concept of the piece. I got good feedback about the piece and there was a genuine interest about my reasons for writing the piece.
As I mentioned yesterday, I wasn't sure of what to expect to hear... but I was happy. It sounded pretty good. The texture balance was good and there was so much variety in tones and colours produced by the ensemble.
Maybe tomorrow I might have time to edit the recordings and put them up on myspace.
I also have to play around with the other recording I made tonight of the musical theatre piece.

No comments: