Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm finally starting to feel better. It seems I never just get a cold that comes and goes.. it always morphs into a different kind of a cold or something worse...
This time it started as a sinus cold and then turned into a chest cold and I lost my voice and I had a fever, and now it seems to be on it's way out.. my voice isn't 100% but it's a little more reliable and not squeaky.

I feel like I'm wasting time presently... I had plans of being so super productive and creative during this time composing and whatnot, but I have some serious writer's block. I don't want to have to wait until I go to Berlin, hoping to be refreshed and inspired.... I want to be creative now.

I don't really have any projects to work on.. I want to write a piece for orchestra and I have lots of ideas floating around in my head, but there's just something that's preventing me from taking that initial plunge into it. It's very much the same feeling as standing on a really high diving platform, trying to gather up th nerve to just step off.
I have projects that I will be working on this summer, but I'm waiting on things from other people for those. I can't really start until I have their input. One of them is composing music for a dance film, and I need to see the film before I can start that.. even just to see the movement style so that I can get some sort of musical ideas...

No comments: