Thursday, May 24, 2007

I want it now!!!

Damnit, I'm so vain sometimes...
One Touch has a new meter that is teeeny-tiny and I want it now now now. I came across the upgrade ad for the US and I called the number, but they wouldn't send it to Canada, so I tried the webform, but i had to use a fake zip code to submit the form.. so the meter will probably end up somewhere in Vermont anyway. Then I tried to call the Canadian office, who told me that the meter isn't available in Canada yet.
Even worse, I had to give the serial number of an old number and now she wants the old one back! I'm not giving it back, it's part of a collection of my old blood glucose meters.
In the end, the lady said that the new meter will be available in Canada in about 3 weeks, so I guess I will have something to look forward to when I come back from Germany.
But I'm so impatient!!!!

At some point, I had the good intentions of sending meters away to needy people, but I sent emails and apparently there are no meter recycling programs that want them. Therefore, I give up and keep them all for my collection!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think that you're necessarily "vain"...
perhaps more like "have the impulse control of a 4-year old ADHD kid without Ritalin"

LORI said...

Yay, glad to hear that the Mini will be available in Canada in 3 weeks. I've been waiting for it to come out too.

And hopefully we'll have a choice of colour!