Saturday, May 12, 2007

BloggidyBlog!
I don't really have much to say.
I'm taking my mom to the ballet tonight for Mother's Day... ooh I should also get her a card, ya. I should have bought her a present during the week, but now it's the weekend and I have no time, because I'm always super busy on the weekends.
I've been very involved in this provincial election - much more than I had ever thought I would be involved in politics. But I guess that's what happens when you are close friends with an up and coming young political superstar! Anyway, the election will keep me busy in the evenings next week, and then the weekend is Dance Festival.
My long weekend = 16 hours of loud and tacky-costumed musical theater fun..... I'm frightened.

I still haven't composed anything this summer. Nevertheless, my orchestra piece has been living in the near-back of my mind for a while now, so lots has developed in terms of the form and structure and conceptual aspects. I've even been thinking of the relation I want the themes to have between movements and some other characteristics of the musical lines. Once I get around to actually writing the music down, in theory lots of stuff will appear quickly.....at least that's what I'm going to try and believe. The piece has been living in my head for a while now, it's about time for it to start taking shape. I imagine that it will also take longer to sculpt and craft on account of all the orchestral colours available. I think that will be a lot of fun!

Anyway, back to the day of ballet classes!

2 comments:

Mai said...

Morning~~~
the composing for orchestra stuff sounds interesting! Is your next major composing or performing...? or do both?
sorry I don't know much about music.
My sis graduated from music degree too:)

Michael Park said...

My next major/degree is a Masters in Composition. I hope to still do some performing, but my focus is definitely going to be on the creative side of things!