Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm intrigued and a little frustrated.

I have agreed to write a piece for a friend's grad recital next year. She is doing her recital on the theme of the seasons. I love the idea. She was having trouble finding a song about Autumn, so she asked me to write one.
Problem is that Fall has not only been ignored by the music community, but seemingly by poets as well. I don't understand. I seem to recall seeing lots of paintings of Fall, but I guess the colours of that season are of particular draw to the visual artists. But it should be for everyone. Maybe it's the periods of history which I'm looking in... but I'm only excluding things that might cause copyright problems... as in the author has not yet been dead 50 years.
Anyway, I have a fairly good idea of what I'm looking for, and so far all I've seen has been vague references to the word autumn, void of seasonal descriptions.

Long story short, please recommend to me any poems that would be appropriate.

No comments: