Saturday, March 25, 2006

Happy Saturday

yay, done with ballet for over a week now!
today was a good day.
The second class of the day was superb... the girls had planned a secret potluck, bringing donuts and pancakes and cake and all sorts of fun, so that took their first class... then when I got there, they had just started to watch a movie... not completely unrelated... it was The RWB's movie version of "The Magic Flute" which they had staged a few years back. It was cut down to about an hour, very entertaining. I learned some new terminology and it was a good time all around... oh ya and then we had a 20 minute ballet class before I left.
The muscial theatre classes were also easier than usual. Realizing that it would be 2 weeks before she'd see the kids again, the teacher decided not to teach them anything new, so they did their warmups and whatnot, then ran through some of the dances they had done earlier in the year, and then they played games for the rest of class... and I got to leave! Although I actually did stay for the first game, which had some musical involvement.
For lunch I went to Moxie's and had the 3-dip med bread = best appetizer ever. It was nice and filling, and quite reasonably priced. I think I know the server from the Winnipeg Boys choir some 16 years ago... but oh well.. it would have been awkward to have double-checked, and it wouldn't have made a difference. During lunch, I filled out my RWB employee survey.. who knows if it will have any bearing on anything. I also took out some music staff paper, and started just some sketches for the viola piece. I actually had to find an orchestral score from 20th century class to remember how to draw and alto clef.... oopsie! Oh ya, 20th century project.. I did some research tonight, finding websites about Arvo Pärt. He's still alive and he has a website... what better info can you get?!? That's hardcore primary source material. Nevertheless, Jason and I need to actually get together and pool some info and start to organise what should turn out as a presentation.
Tonight I've been at home doing not a whole lot. I've done some good solid productive practicing on the Scarlatti, so I'm happy with that. Fi and I will be knitting and teaing tonight whenever she gets tired of writing, or loses her train of thought.
oh, here she is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh and what a tea/knitting party we had!! It was an obnoxious laughing, diet coke drinking, knee slapping good time!! Till next time my caniving neighbor... keep the circle alive!