Sunday, March 19, 2006

Wow, post number 151!

I always miss the milestones along the way. Oh well.
So I've had a nice relaxing weekend. I haven't really caught up on sleep, but I haven't really done a lot of anything. It's been nice.
Nevertheless, It certainly isn't relaxing time of year. Tonight I'm going to officially start back at practicing. Projects needing to be worked on directly are the Scarlatti sonata a bit and definately my chamber music piece. I have all but ignored it over the past month, but I think the string players in my group have at least had one or 2 rehearsals without me, so I have some catching up to do. I don't think the ensemble work was our main concern, rather tuning within the strings, and my individual part; there are lots of notes to learn! Now, I can afford to apply the focus I need to tidy it up so that we can have a presentable Piano Quartet.
I was approached/ I offered to play for a middle school musical during april. It's the 8-12'th, so after classes end, and I don't have any direct conflicts with exams or whatnot, so I think it's a possibility. This afternoon I should get to see the music and then make my final decision. From what I hear the music will be quite reasonable, and it's at least some money, and I think it will be a good experience.
Also, I finally got to talk to the modern dance teacher at the RWB and we talked about different opportunities for experience in dance collaboration within the city, so that was good. She is also interested in collaborating with me on a personal level, which will be immensely helpful for understanding the nature of modern dance, as she also has a strong communication vocabulary, thanks to her teaching experience.
This tuesday evening, I will be performing in the Winnipeg Music Festival's evening of Choral Excellence out in a North Kildonan Church type thing(long name, can't remember). I think it should be a good show, also involving a guest choir, the Winnipeg Philharmonic... so yes, ask me for details if you are interested.

No comments: