Wednesday, March 15, 2006

It's all over!!!!

YAYAYAY!
I am so happy!
I think it's safe to say that the recital last night was a success.
I maintained my focus through almost the whole thing, I lost it a bit in the last movement of the Mozart, but apparently my Mozartean style was bang on.
Overall, I feel good about the recital as a whole.
I have mixed feelings about the PDQ: The speech went very well and the audience was super responsive, which made it easier and super comfortable. Their energy really made it much easier to perform the piece with energy and I let the way I performed it be slightly dictated by their reactions. That part was all good, BUT the accuracy just wasn't there. I wish I had been more prepared with the notes for that one, but I felt I performed it well, given the level of preparedness.
Most importantly, I really enjoyed performing last night and it seems people really enjoyed my performance.
While I may not be planning on pursuing a performance degree, I don't think I will ever not be a performer. There is just something so rewarding about preparing something like a recital and then presenting it to an appreciative audience. But at the same time, you can't always count on having the ideal situation in place.
Alas it's onwards and upwards from here.
I have to pick one more piece for my jury at the end of April. I think it will be Scarlatti. I have printed one out and I think it will be the one. At my next lesson, David and I have lots to cover: we'll talk about my recital and he said he has some suggestion for those pieces because they are good for me and I should use them in the future for competitions and whatnot. After that little recital wrap-up, we will discuss the repertoire for the jury in April. After that the big two topics are choosing repertoire for next year's recital and jury as well as looking into graduate school options. Those last two are huge topics which I will be glad to just touch upon.
So much to think about! yay! but I still have to do festival stuff this week, so I'll wait til thats done before I celebrate...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just like to say how you kicked so much ass on Tuesday night. I was very impressed Michael! Even more impressed that you could do it in the middle of festival, of which you were playing for 20 classes! Two of mine which I won because I'm awesome!! And you are too. Anyway, congrats.

Michael Park said...

wow, the cocky-confidence thing is so foriegn on you... don't make it a habit... just admit it was because your accompanist was super awesome.... and sexy!