Saturday, March 11, 2006

Well, it appears that LiveJournal, as a whole, hates me.
Not only am I not allowed to be a friend, and have been excommunicated from the internet lives of some people, but now they won't even let me interject my thoughts and other such ramblings on live journals.
Anyway, to those of your who have LJ's and are used to receiving my comments, alas, no more shall you read the sweet words of my internet dribble.
Update on my finger condition... it's getting better, I have this 24 hour moisturizing lotion stuff... and I've been applying it every hour or 10 minutes or so.. and it's getting a bit better. Now I know that the dryness was actually the cause so I'm not worried anymore. I think I'll see if I can find a plastic/latex glove and fill the finger tips with moisturizer/hand cream and then wear that to bed on both hands so I can avoid this discomfort.
Wow, the senior ballet class I played today was so slow-paced I could barely handle it. Part of it was the fact I was super tired, still am and still will be for the next few days more. The other part was that the teacher was taking a lot of time between the first run of an exercise and then the repetition so that she could make corrections and whatnot. This is fine and dandy, but during one of the breaks, she remarked the exercise to demonstrate a difference, and I thought it was a new exercise.. so I played some completely different music... then she stopped and gave me one of those looks; the type that ballet accompanists avoid like the the plague. At least she didn't just stare at me, she told me it was the same exercise, and then I had to revive the music I had improvised just before... luckily it was still in accesible condition.
Generally it was a hard day to make it through due to the tireness. I got an hour of practice in in the afternoon, but got kicked out by the company's resident teacher who is goddess. She told me to keep practicing because the dancer she was working with wasnt there yet, and then later she commented that I was a very good pianist. The thick Russian accent made it sound that much more inspiring.
Also today, talking to one of the ballet teachers about music in the dance world and looking stuff up on the internet, I have some new approaches to what possible future plans may be. But ya, once again,avoiding thinking too much about it at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't get some sleep soon, you may just fall off a random bench by a ginormous public fountain!

Jonathan Evans said...

damned LJ