Friday, March 03, 2006

wow, yesterday was accompanying 4 classes, 3 of which were Musical Theatre.... so much young off broadway(for a reason) I could barely stand it.
I also had a first rehearsal situation which was mixed in with a coaching with the singer's teacher. I was not comfortable with the situation because a first rehearsal never goes well and there shouldn't be any stress attached, it should be professional, yes, but relaxed and open. I think it went well enough though. But then I went and did stupid by leaving my binder behind.
I did go and buy a digirecorder and used it to record my recital run last night. I listened to it on the car ride home, very helpful. Still lots to fix up.
One of the singers I was accompanying is sick, meaning she wouldn't be performing this morning, meaning I got to sleep in. It's too bad the way sickness creeps in at inoportune moments, so I'm sorry about the situation for her sake, but I'm so happy I slept in til 10:30 this morning, HEAVENLY!
Only one festival class today and then contemp dancers tonight, then ballet tomorrow as usual, and then only practicing all weekend, and no festival until fridday the 10th! It's such a good feeling. I will actually go to school next week even though I don't have 20th century, but ya... wait, I won't go the days I actually dont have school, but ya, I won't be occupied by festival so much! yay
anyway, back to practicing and whatnot.. oh ya composing.. i need to get that fourth song done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i totally know how you feel.

I went to the bank and deposited some money. but not all of it. cuz i went candy shopping with some.
I got some chocolate covered raisins, and some peppermint patties, and some jollyranchers.

Whether or not i can eat these things is besides the point.
Just buying them made me feel better.
Be strong, resist the urge, cuz being poor sucks.