Friday, March 24, 2006

I know it's a busy time of year, but really... how can I be expected to keep providing inspiring updates when noone else is updating, or anything on their blogs...
It's lonely.
I actually haven't been all that active anyway, but I will make my effort to keep at it.
Next week is spring break for school kids. This translates directly into, no dance classes of anykind for Mikey.
I don't really work much anyway, but it's just that little bit less to think about. I met up with my parents for supper today, to which I walked from work. It was only about 15 minutes, and I really enjoy walking around downtown, especially when the weather is so gosh darned wonderful as it has been lately. Mom treated for dinner, provided that dad and I would go to a few furniture stores with her to look at sofabeds/loveseats for the "sitting room", aka sister Heather's old bedroom. The shopping wasn't all that bad, though it took more time than the 45 minutes it would have taken me.
Arriving home, I did some listening to Beethoven Sonatas to see if any of them really stand out to me.... It's hard finding that mix of something that is challenging enough, but not too challenging; and of course David's stipulation, that I must love it. I feel bad that I'm not really terribly inspired by any particular Beethoven Sonata. Therefore, I think I will stick with the one he recommended. I only played piano a very short bit tonight:
Last night and today, I made good progress on both the Scriabin etude and Bach. In masterclass I played the Scriabin and the Brahms...therefore I have touched on everything for the first round of CMC. Of course I will continue to touch them... I just need to be reinspired and spend more time practicing.
I also need to make a start on the Viola piece for my composition course. I have some ideas in the head, but they need to make it on paper... On the other side of that particular course, I sat in on the rehearsal with my singer and pianist for "Songs for Nana" today. Things are coming along. I left a lot of the choices up to them, which I know they are a little uneasy about, but I think they have made good ones, and are pulling it off well. It's still early on in their ensemble work, so I'm not worried about the little things which will come, certainly as they have more time with the piece. Im really excited, and they both really enjoy the songs, so there is no better feedback that I could be getting at this point!
OOH! good morning today, my income tax return was in the mail! The verdict is=
Finances are stable-ish!
I've gotten almost all of hte money from festival accompanying and income tax. Looking at the balances of savings and newfound money, I am able to afford to pay off the student loan as soon as the account hold has cleared. With my next cheque from ballet(either), I will be able to pay off the recenty acquired credit card charges from the last few weeks.
Translation: both my assets and debt will be at ZERO!!
I never wanted to have to take out a student loan for school, but I did because I wasn't organized. I think I have learned my lesson.
For the rest of this year, cheques from ballet and whatever else will be going straight into savings... continued into my summer job. I will work at the factory until I have enough money saved up to pay for school completely. After that, I will work only what I desire: I will stay at least 2 months at the factory, then I won't feel obligated to stay. I will be free to work musical jobs during the summer. I am getting my connections set up so I can know when to expect income over the summer. I will also use time during summer to prepare rep for next year. I wasnt to be as well prepared for the recital as possible, as I need to keep my resources open for dance related collaborations.
Well, there was a fairly stream of consciousness tally of my life at the moment. I hope you enjoyed!

No comments: