Saturday, March 18, 2006

It's all all all over!

YAY weekend.
Now, recital is completely over. Music festival is completely over. All that was stress in my life over the last month is GONE!
Yesterday was a good day, I played for the last two festival classes, which was the same easy song twice. Although it wasn't as easy as I make it out, the piano was so loud and the voices are so tiny that it's a huge challenge to play quietly enough, and still have some semblance of musicality.
After those were over, I had still almost 2 hours before I had to be at the contemporary dancers for ballet class. I stopped by there to double check that I did in fact have to be there and they said yes, then gave me my cheque, then I went on a journey across downtown to the bank and deposited that as well as 3 cheques from the singers I accompanied. It always feels so good to actually have money to put into the bank.
I also went to the library and looked around, taking out some books on dance. I had to get a new library card, cause I haven't been there since 1997, at which time I had acquired $5.10 in late fees. I didn't have to pay for the new card cause it had been long enough, but I had to pay off the late fee. I remember the last 4 times I went to the public library, I managed to get away with, "oh, I don't have any cash one me, can I pay that next time I'm in"..then there just wasn't a next time. Anyway, now I have a new shiny card and books to read, I've already started in and read some helpful sections talking about the relation of music to dance and choreography. Now, I'm reading a general book on modern dance. So much to learn.
Today is back to normal, and I'm planning on relaxing a fair bit this weekend, but not too much. I want to make a good start on the Scarlatti sonata I've chosen before my first lesson. I want to keep up the momentum that I started with the preparation for my recital.

No comments: