Thursday, October 12, 2006

feeling run down

judging from lack of blog posts lately and the fact that everyone I actually do see around school lately is busy, I trust that I'm not the only one feeling run down lately.
the collection of late nights that I have been having lately had caught up with me. Add to that the fact that my day today ran pretty much straight through from leaving my house at 8 am until I returned home at 7:30 pm. When I got home, I was two things: hungry and tired. I ate, and then went to bed. Now that I have had my 3.5 hour nap, I'm feeling almost awake enough to function. I think I will try and do a little composition and then go back to bed for a full night's rest!
Some say great minds think alike... well, I like to say great thumbs think alike.... today at least. I guess with not being rested enough and trying to raise the intensity of myu practicing, I was not relaxed enough and I was not keeping an eye on my arm tension... as a result I've been feeling a little sprain in my left thumb. It's nothing too serious, and it's something I've had before- it's one of the first things that happens when I am tense. I just need to ice it a lot and lay back on the playing for a bit- today I played dance classes for 2 and a bit hours, and I tried my best to not use my thumb at all...- it worked surprisingly well for marches and waltzes(oom-pas and oom-pas-pas) Anyway, back to the opening of this paragraph.....
After getting a call last night from my teacher to pre-warn me that he might have to possibly cancel/arrive late/ end my lesson early depending ont he time of his physiotherapy appointment this morning, which he was waiting to hear about... medium length story short, we had a one hour lesson and when I saw him later in the day, the diagnosis was a sprained thumb.
what a coinkidink!

No comments: