Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's SNOWING!!!!
Yay, I'm going to wear a toque and a scarf and mittens when I leave the house today! YAY!

In other news, I watched a movie today. IL POSTINO it was suggested to us by the conductor for this last WSO concert. The poem in the piece we sang was by Pablo Neruda, and this movie was about Pablo and his mailman, Mario. The movie was very good and i enjoyed it very much ,but... io non parlo l'italiano....
I did fairly well with following the movie and understanding what they were saying in general (thank you for good acting), but the main character Mario was so mumbly in his speech that it was especially difficult to understand him... and the nasality of his voice was obnoxious.
Anyway, the music in this one did the same thing as Brokeback mountain. Essentially one or two themes throughout the movie that just keep coming back, with barely any variation. It's kind of like the Leitmotif idea, hmm, not really, more like the love theme from La Boheme.. but there, Puccini does it SO MUCH BETTER. Oh well.
All in all, good movie; I just wish I understood Italian (or had downloaded the version with subtitles) so that I might have understood the intricacies of the movie.

So ya, this afternoon has been a throwaway for productivity. I woke up, ate and watched a movie... now I leave to work in less than an hour. I think I might get in a half an hour of practicing before I leave. Nevertheless, after I work, I'm heading to the school for the evening to get in some good practicing, and maybe even do some writing of that fourth variation.
Ooh, I'm also going to take back some library books today!! I realize that I've had some of them since the middle of second term last year....eep!

No comments: