Sunday, October 29, 2006

sigh of relief

it took forever, but tonight I filled in the empty measures which were taunting me in this blasted fourth variation. I'm SOOOOOO HAPPY!
I played through it and I really like it! Tomorrow I am taking it to my composition lesson, and then he will tell me what I need to fix and give me some specific guidelines on notation and then I will do those things and be done with this piece!!
I also will be booking it into the noon-hour recital on the 20'th, so provided everthing goes well tomorrow morning, I will be able to officially ignore this piece by the end of the week!
and finally I will be able to put the focus on the ensemble piece and practicing piano.

I went to the dance studio, but apparently there was not to be a dance jam tonight. The only other person who showed up was Tim, the percussionist. We talked for a half an hour and I mentioned to him that I might require him for my recital if it's going to be more of an ensemble thing, and he said he would be very interested to help me out. Now, I just need to get ahold of the dancers and make sure they feel the same way.

Friday night, I fell for the second time that day... it hurt more than the first time. It also landed on my elbow, so itswelled up like nobody's business. The swelling is down, but it left a nasty nasty bruise. My arms are harbouring a lot of tension too, but I got some good practicing done on my Beethoven sonata saturday night. I'm playing the second movement at my lesson, so it needs to be spiffy. It is still much slower than tempo, but I think David's theory is that you should practice it perfect at whatever tempo and raise it up tot eh final in stages... that way, you've been practicing it perfectly all along. I'm also going to play Haydn also, my half jury will be in December.. early probably, so I can't let that slip out of mind. I will try and get the first movement learned up to tempo for my lesson and also learn the middle pages of the rondo. Then it will all be learned and all that will remain is to get the rondo up to speed.

No comments: