Monday, October 16, 2006

so many things flying through my noggin

I'm going to Churchill this weekend!
My teacher is going to Dalas, so I don't have a lesson -so I don't have to feel guilty about not practicing this week at all!
My thumb was feeling so much better today, playing for ballet class today upset it a little, but I don't have to play piano again til thursday, so it will have a few days of rest!
Dance jam last night! - Best EVER!!! as in the best dance jam we've done so far AND one of the better experiences I've ever had in my life. Wow, wonderful!
Good weekend- I saw my friend Cara kickbox and she totally kicked ass! I could tell that she was doing super well AND she won the match! It was an awesome fight too, they were evenly skilled so they challenged each other. In the end, Cara is as fierce as a small Chilean army, so she won!
I also got to help celebrate birthdays of both Cara as well as my friend Olivia from school - they both have the same birthday, conveniently for me!
I had my composition lesson today. My prof really really likes the score for the piano variations. He's impressed with how I did the graphic representation of the score with the temporal shifts. We spent a good deal of time talking about the other piece. It's been developing in the back (and more recently other parts) of my brain for a while. I'm making sure I have the formal design set before I actually write music for it. I have the first and the last section set - now I have to figure out what I want to do in the middle. The general idea of the piece is to balance playing and listening within an ensemble environment. While the outer sections separate those two aspects so the player can really concentrate, I want the middle section(s) to have them listen to the ensemble texture WHILE playing in it. mumbly mumbly mumbly
I'm officially set to go to Churchill now.... I got substitutes for 4 of my 5 ballet classes on saturday and the teacher is fine with not having a sub for the other one. I think that all of the concerns are dealt with, so I can just be excited about going to the far north!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! i hope you have fun.

...why are you going?

Michael Park said...

Churchill and Polar Bears are something that I've heard a lot of people want to do, but VERY few have actually done. It seems like a once-in-a-lifetime kind of experience, so when my sister invited me to go with a bunch of her friends from Thompson, I figure it was a great opportunity both to see polar bears as well as to get to know Heather's friends from up North!