Monday, October 09, 2006

I just finished printing out the theme and four variations that I have completed of my set of piano variations. For those of you counting, I only have one more variation to do.
Yesterday and today, I spent quite a bit of time using photoshop to graphically edit some of the scores. Wow, it takes a lot of effort! I'm just doing simplistic stuff, but its very finnicky. Nevertheless, I think I did rather well and I'm very happy with the way they look.
This last variation (number 4 of 5) still needs to be written down on paper. I have some conceptual ideas and musical fragments, but I need to get it in a tangible form from which I can be more specific. Now that I have the printed forms of the other ones and they're edited and whatnot, I can focus just on this one, and practicing piano.
I am happy with the productivity I achieved this weekend, but I'm not going to stop yet. It's only 8 pm and that gives me time to practice some more as well as get started on the fourth variation. I wish I could have spent a little more time with my sister while she was in town, but we were both busy with either those concerts and work on my part, and shopping and travel arrangements on the part of my sister.
Hmm, maybe I should take a look at my academic courses and see if I have any assignments coming up.

In other news, I'm out of money for a while, but things aren't that bad... I already paid off my computer and one of the speeding tickets, now I just have to worry about the big speeding ticket and a little bit of random expenses on my credit card. Still, this will probably take me a few pay periods to clear up, but by Christmas, I should be good and ready to get back into debt, YAY!

I think I just read one of the most difficult phrases I've ever seen in french :
'trente autre retraites' - I'm sure a native french speaker would probably not have as much trouble as I, but still... wowee!

No comments: