Wednesday, October 11, 2006

it's still cold out like yesterday, BUT the sun is shining in theres a beautiful blue sky drizzled with clouds right now. There is only a sprinkling of snow on the ground to remind us of yesterday's.
As I may have mentioned, my dad will be retiring from his job of 40 some years in December. For as long as I can remember, every couple of months, he would be 'on-call' meaning that at any time they could call him up and tell him to go work at some station. For the family, this meant that we'd often get calls at 3am, but also that dad had unlimited use of his work vehicle. In recent years, this was of the utmost importance, because when he was on call, it all those complications of being a one-car family with 4 drivers all wanting to go places dissappeared. And let's face it, since Heather moved out, it has meant that I can use the car whenever I want because my mom doesn't go out on her own much during the week.
Now, tomorrow is going the be the last day that my dad will ever be on-call. To celebrate, I will be taking the family car to school today and certainly tomorrow (I am still not accepting the fact that I might someday have to take the bus to my 9am lessons.... gah!)
Hmm, piano practicing is still not at the desired level, but composition is coming along. I have the ending of the fourth variation fully notated and I made some executive decisions about developing the form of the final section of the other piece I am working on(ensemble).
Anyway, I should be off to school soon.... it's hard to get back into the swing of things after a four-day weekend.... not that I'm complaining at all.... YAY LONGLONG WEEKENDS!

No comments: