Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I had made plans to see my friend Anna, who I worked with this summer, before she moved back to Germany. As she leaves tomorrow, those plans were for tonight. We had made vague plans to do dinner tonight around 6ishand that was fine with both of us. Today though, I got a call from our former boss who told me that he had taken the liberty of making reservations for us at Ichiban(Japanese Steak House) for 6:30 and that the bill was on him....
It was a wonderful gesture, and a wonderful meal. I've only had steak a few times in my life, and I never paid attention to how it was cooked, but I think it was generally on the medium to well side of things. Tonight all the other people ordered theirs medium-rare, so I said the same for the sake of simplicity. This is how I like my steak.... remind me of that if I ever can't remember.
We also went to see Departed , the new star-studded gangstar movie. It was so bloody, it made me sad. Too much gore for me.
It was wonderful to see Anna once more before she leaves to go home. Her english had improved quite a bit from when I last saw her in the summer. Add to the list one more friend of mine that no longer lives in the same country as I do.
As you can tell from my account of the evening, I didn't get any more practicing done this evening, and not during the daytime either..... oopsie. I have some random new snippets of Bach for my lesson on Thursday, so that should give us something to work on. Also for discussion in my lesson are:
-dance-piano improvised duet for my chamber music recital aspect....
-Kurtag 20'th century piano music for new music ensemble
-hmm, im sure there was something else.... anyway, it will be hopefully the last of my lessons that I will have less than enough repertoire to work on.
grrr, my hand is tense, so it's good I didn't play much today.
on the other hand, I only got a bit of composition done today

No comments: