Monday, October 23, 2006

Woohoo!
so ya, that test I thought I did well on..... I got 100% Kickass!! it makes up for the fact that I didn't do so hot on the assignment that we also did last week.
On this trip, I didn't spend too much time being productive, but on the bus ride up I did a lot of brainstorming and I really have a stronger concept about how to musically depict anger in alzheimers for this last variation. I also developed a way to use the harmonic material of the theme in a way that will sound different from the other movements. I became aware that it was all sounding a lot the same, when I played the earlier version of that movement for the pianist on Friday. Even while I was playing it, I was hating it and it was uninventive and bland. it was true.... nevertheless, I have figured out what I'm going to do with this movement and when I get it written down, it had better sound much better, or I will be SUPER_PMS-y!
I'm worried about piano lesson this week, as it will be 2 weeks since my last lesson- problematic because I haven't practiced piano since soon after then AS WELL AS I barely had anything to play for him that lesson.... it will be pretty much a month with little to no development!!
Today in ballet class, I realized that I'm still super tense... it hasn't been specifically the excessive playing that is causing it... I'm stressed in general, so i need to address that. While I work on that I will just have to make sure that I am stretching and relaxing a lot to prevent further injury. Nevertheless, my thumb is not a problem anymore so I'm ready to get back to playing.

No comments: