Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I think I'm pissy

so, my mom was complaining about some retail misunderstanding related to a crappy catalogue which was unclear....
Natuarally, I bitched her out /lectured her on not taking responsibility to research her purchase on the internet (which is easier than ever) and how she could have avoided the whole situation by taking the 5 minutes to look it up herself.
Afterwards, I looked up the catalogue and found that it was somewhat unclear, so I fired off an email to them bitching about how 12$ is ENTIRELY ridiculous as a price for a single little shot glass shaped like a boot.

Next on my list... I was eating yogourt. while it said it had less than 50 calories per little cup, it didn't have the carbohydrates listed, and thats what I needed to know to do my insulin dosing. I went to the website to find how many carbs there were. Fine and dandy, i figured it out.. but then I realized that it was infact not only 50 calories per container... there were actually more.....
Since i was in a bit of a tiffy to begin, I went to their "contact us" section and fired this one off:
"
I wonder if your nutritional calculator is broken? I ask specifically to your [Insert Brand Here] Fat Free yogourt.
The packaging and advertising clearly states that it has less than 50 calories per 113 serving.
When I went to find out the carbohydrates and other information, I noticed that they are based on a 125 ml serving - fine, I can do simple mathematical calculations, but it seems you people can not.
If there are 60 calories per 125 ml serving, then how can you justify that the 54.24 calories which are in 113ml are UNDER 50 calories?
I am left wondering if a) this is the wrong nutritional information, b) your math skills are not up to par, or c) you comprehension of the relation to 50 calories has been confused or otherwise misrepresented.
I would appreciate a personal response as well as the rectification to your nutritional information which you owe your customers.
"


Next, I was sent by my parents to pick up supper for the family. This was all good. But, when I was quite excited about the cookie selection the woman behind me had the nerve to comment "You must not get out much"! What a bitch! It would have been fine if she laughed at it or something, but when I replied "sadly, it's true..." - NOTHING!! she actually meant it! At least the cahier laughed.... but I was not impressed. I should have told that bitch off....


Nevertheless, I'm in a goodish mood. It's one of those moods where I'm only bitchy if something sets me off...

Tonight I have to do a little more composing, but also have to study for an orchestration test tomorrow. The transposition thing is going to throw me a little, BUT i think I will handle it. Also, I don't have any real concept of the ranges of these instruments, so theres some memorizing to do tonight....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lay down the smack!!!

take care of yr thumb, yo...

Jonathan Evans said...

stick it to the yogurt man, you pissy pissy boy.