Friday, October 27, 2006

slow but sure

this fourth variation is slowly coming together. I only have about 6 more bars to add in and then it will be complete. I gave the rest of it to Diane so she can start learning the notes. Performance date will be Nov. 20/06, just over 3 weeks from now. I'll say it AGAIN: I'm hoping to have it finished and out of the way this weekend. I also need to start composing the actual musical elements of this ensemble piece.
Today I fell down while attempting to jaywalk across Pembina. The contents of my left pocket gave me a nasty charley-horse and its painful to well... anything involving that particular leg - walking, for example. Nevertheless, it will heal soon enough.
I need to also practice this weekend, I had a good lesson even though I hadn't much prepared, but I have to have lots ready for next lesson.. there shouldn't be any excuse to not have a full 2 hour lesson this thursday.
So ya, I had a doctor's appt today - he didn't even have the lab results which I had already seen. Therefore, waste of time in the truest sense of the words. I told him that they were an improvement fromthe time before, and he was happy with that. I was not really impressed with getting nothing for waking up early, but oh well. Between dropping parents off and the appointment, I went for breakfast and ate Banana-Chocolate-Chip pancakes!!!! delicious.
Also the experimental improv ensemble I'm in at school separated into streams today. The group I'm in is the improvised music/theatre group.... it was a lot of fun and much more successful as a group improv than it had previously been. This venture is starting to seem more promising!
went to symphony tonight, saw pianist play Mozart and Strauss pieces. Very good soloist, not so impressed with the orchestra tonight, but oh well.

No comments: