Thursday, October 26, 2006

Good lesson today.
We worked on half movements of some of the remaining dance movements in the Bach piece I'm doing. It was a good approach because I had only practiced for a few days, so it was simpler rep- more accesible.it also meant that I got a good lesson on the style of the movements, so while I put some effort into learning them already, now I have a strong idea of what the character of each movement should be, so I can learn the rest with renewed vigour and accuracy.
The other super awesome part of my lesson was that I approached David about doing an improvisational dance collaboration in my recital. He had been opposed to it earlier, but this time he heard me out. He expressed his concerns and we talked about ways to alleviate those concerns. I also talked to the other piano faculty member who will be around for my recital - he also gave a preliminary go-ahead. Both of them want me to write down as much as I can about time, format, organization and whatever else I can think of. The idea is to collect as much detail as possible and setting paramaters without defining all the specifics of what will ultimately be an improvised performance!
The next step with this comes this sunday. I'm going to talk to some of the dancers and see who would be interested in doing this with me.
Anyway, enough jibber jabber for one night.. I need to compose.. gah!

No comments: