Monday, December 19, 2005

all done, back to reality

Well, it's been a few days since I actually made a sense-making post, or at least one that said anything other than ranting or random dribble. And re-reading some of my recent posts, I realise that I've either been completely random, or a raging Bitch. I'm certain that some things I've said would be offensive to any of the parties to which I referred.
I really don't despise the Christian do-gooders of the world all that much, nor the people at RadioShack/The Source. And then theres Richard, why am I so strongly affected and random about how I feel towards him? After this last concert yesterday, Im once again filled with wonder and awe at how working with him results in a good finished product, regardless of what went on before. We've never really had a flop of a concert. I know that dress rehearsals are supposed to go badly, but I certainly hope that it doesn't leave everyone in every performance with that feeling of utter fear and worry.
I'm thankful to Heather, who used to sing in the choir. I saw her at the concert yesterday and she commented on how good we were sounding. It's the kind of thing that I sort of noticed in passing during the concert... but if she hadn't said anything, I probably would have felt bad about how the concert went, and wouldn't have enjoyed the second half as much as I did. The stress from the dress rehearsal, worrying about getting this Piano Rep paper done, financial stress and worries about my health all have been weighing on me lately, so allow me to have that as a scape goat for my poor temperment lately, if you will. Anyway, the moral of the story is that I've been far too hard on myself, the group, the director, and things in my life in general. Perhaps that will be my new years resolution... to be a better, less heinous person? and swear less....
Speaking of the paper... it was due today at 4:30.... and I finished it, forcibly, at 3:30, otherwise I would have been cutting it too close with time and whatnot. I now feel worlds better to actually be able to start break!
Also, I have reason to believe that my student loan money will actually be paid on time... and the tuition part gets paid to the school first, so I don't even have to worry about transfering funds, or whatever. And as a 'just in case' my parents assured me that , if need be, I can borrow whatever I am short, from them. In terms of my health, the bronchitis or whatever is still not completely cleared up. Im generally ok with the drugs, but every once in a while it flares up and I start coughing. This weekend with the concert, it also showed how little voice I actually have going. Even my speaking voice was hoarse after the concert.
Anyway, enough of that. I wish everyone happy holidays and all the rest. I'll still be around here and posting, but all the best to everyone!

No comments: