Friday, December 09, 2005

Sigh of relief

There we go, I'm done the official exam type things for this semester. Really it wasn't that taxing at all.
I did my jury which was comfortable. I didn't get nervous for it, I had a little bit for the concerto competition. 2 reasons: I hadn't performed it before that point and I wasn't sure just how prepared I was; also the second time around I was much more prepared AND I had a performance of it under my belt. I feel very confidant about it, Im certain I got the mark I needed so that I won't be put on probation from the performance program. Im just excited to find out what mark I got, and also especially to hear Charles, Laura, and Judy's comments on my performance as well as the repertoire choice.
The 20'th century exam happened today. I feel quite good about it. Sure there were areas that I wish I had more to say about, but overall I feel very good about it. I certainly can't complain, I spent all of one evening actively studying, plus the driving time I spent listening to the third CD and just trying to enjoy the music... whether I could identify the piece or not. I spent a snippet of time last night calculating how well I'd have to do on the exam to get certain marks. I realized that with 100% on the exam, I could only get a maximum of 92%-ish, so that means an A+ is out of the question, and as good as I feel about this exam, Im pretty sure I will have a B+ when all is said and done. I find it frustrating to have such high marking standards in the faculty of music. I was a solid 4.0 Psych student, but it's been steadily dropping since then.
Ok so, I just checked. At the end of 1'st year... my GPA had plummeted down to 3.98, then after 2nd it was blottoming out at 3.97!! I rest my case.
So ya, but this term, I don't have my easy A+'s from basic skills, and they dont usually every give out A+'s for Major Practical Study or ensembles... so Im a little iffy. There actually will be a big lead downwards from my hovering around 4.0. Anyway, Im not too worried, all will be aok in the end. Maybe if I try harder, I'll do better: interesting theory.

No comments: