Friday, December 16, 2005

time for a rant

Holy shit, technology and all the cuntass radio shack whores are the devil!
I just got my midi keyboard... does this make me happy?... NO!
All keyboards these days are advertised as midi interfaced and easy to hook up to a computer..... LIES!!!!
Standard midi interface on the keyboards is 5-prong midi cable...
Standard midi interface on computers is NOT. Everything is USB based. They don't even put 5-prong midi into sound cards anymore! and even if they did, they don't even give you the cable in the box with the keyboard, motherfuckers.
mumbly mumbly, on top of that, theres no easy way to make these technologies compatible. In fact the only way is to buy some bitch ass converter cable.... but no! it's not like the old days where you could just go to radio shack and get a 2 way splitter for your phone... The Source doesn't even have the adapter?!? WTF, you little radio shack cunts are supposed to have everything I could ever need!
In fact this angry-making cord costs frickin 60$ and I can't even find it for cheaper on EBAY! what has gone wrong with this world. I'll tell you...
The world has become far too commercial and money driven. They run function based marketing ploys that result in unfulfilled purchases that require further investment before the original product can ever be used for the function that served as an original selling point!
It's the same thing as the bloody christian world mission things where they show you the starving children and you feel bad, so they have you call in and set up a sponsorship for the child, and they waste money sending you constant updates and developing pictures and end up only making an investment in their mission-controlled education. The original advertised function was to feed the starving child... why not just bloody well buy a loaf of bread and send it through the mail to ethiopia; instead, it gets sent through a syphoning scheme that dribbles out pennies at the end. Sure you might say that the updates are cheap, only the cost of postage and paper and love. Well I've had enough of postage and paper and love.
Don't tellm me that my keyboard is ready to go for computer shit when Im gonna have to track down this cable and then make it go myself.
Motherfuckers, every last one of them!
I hate the world and all the shit.
On the other hand, I bought cheap chocolate at Giant Tiger today, and read through my source books for the Mozart paper, so all in all it was a pretty good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shake my fist for you!! Radio Shack bastards, all of them! I'm happy you took my approach to a bad day and ate mass amounts of chocolate, you make me sooo proud! Little Norton, all grown up and ranty.... and you finished a whole book, too! I'm getting a bout of empty nest syndrome... don't leave my circle, it's all I have left to hang onto! Circle Power!!

Anonymous said...

Awww! Norton. I'd almost forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder Fiona!

Michael Park said...

grrr

Anonymous said...

Norton, you can get the cable you need at Long & McQuade (just in case you're having issues locating it...)

Don't know how expensive it is though... Good luck with the keyboard!