Tuesday, December 06, 2005

massage and pawn

I had my massage today. I didn't wake up early enough to accomplish anything before my 2 pm massage... so I'm happy. The massage was great, nice and painful. We were talking about christmas presents and how it can be a pain to shop for some people. As he started complaining about buying for his mother, and then progressing into how much he dislikes her and was happy he hasn't seen her in 3 years, I could actually feel that he was being more violent which was a good thing. Everyone needs a little masochism in their life!
On the way there, I did manage to drop off my student aid forms at the office. When I asked how long things would take and if there was anyway of speeding up the process, the lady gave me a lecture on how the form was sent out in July, and I should have done it sooner.
~Thanks lady, I didn't realise that. And it's certainly not a constant source of stress lately knowing that I don't have money for tuition for second term, and this money won't get here on time. ~
But she wasn't really bitchy about it. She was even almost quasi hald-appologetic.
On my way home, I stopped off at a few places looking for a midi-keyboard or keyboard controller. I used this as an excuse to actually go to some of the pawn shops to which I've always wanted to go. I also went to some ghetto discount stores like Xess Cargo, and Odd Lots. I felt so skeezy, but that's the way I am anyway.
In the end, I didn't find anything that was worthwhile. I looked on the internet and called some music places in search of the same thing. I talked to my parents, and it looks like I'll be getting a midi keyboard for christmas, but sooner. I need it now, so whatever; maybe they'll wrap up the box and put it under the tree for me to open. I also emailed the random duties.organizational guy at the music building and asked if there were any keyboards like that around the school that I could either borrow or buy from them. On one hand, I don't think they will, but on the other, they have lots of random stuff that probably isn't being used. Who knows... it's worth a try, seeing how the email only took 2 minutes.
Anyway, I need to go practice and my student comes over in less than an hour. Im scared of later this week. I have a feeling I won't be as prepared as I'd like for this jury and I still haven't started studying for the 20th Century exam....

No comments: