Saturday, January 07, 2006

better picture this time...

Here I am.... it took tiffy a while to get the pictures developped, but this is a picture of my mullet in formation! I really enjoyed that one long strand of hair in the front, and wouldn't let her cut it! As you can tell, I was really impressed with the job she was doing and highly approved of the hair!
Anyway, this is now a thing of the past, but I figured I'd post this, cause the first picture from a month ago didn't really give a good idea of how hot I really looked!! This one isn't the most mullet-revealing, but I like it anyway.
Today was the first day back to the Ballet, so I wasn't in my weekly routine of being used to the little children and their headache effect. Most things went well and the kids were generally well behaved. I've come to the realization that asking one teacher to explain everything about the ballet class to me.. is a bit much to ask.. so I'm gonna get a book and do the reading myself, and then I'll have something to work from and make clarifications from there.
I talked to the experienced musical theatre teacher at the school today, and asked her if it was plausible to make a living as a musician during the summer. Apparently her husband runs a bunch of theatre camps and programs in the summer, and she referred me to a couple places and said she'd give me a good reference and told me which gigs paid the best.. she also guarunteed me hours with the summer adult program at the ballet. It's looking more and more plausible as we go. As it stands, Im gonna work 2 months at the factory and then fill the rest of the summer with programs.. but who knows, I might be able to find more opportunities than I had thought. This way, I'll have a solid base of tuition money I will make at the outset of the summer, and then I can do music for the rest, something I really enjoy! yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKK!
MULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET!!!

And yay for playing. with ballet stuff. *sob* i miss it. but i'm happy you're finding opportunity!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. although i prolly forget. ah well. Read the Chechetti (not sure of the spelling, che-ket-ie) ballet book, that's the standard for testing and whatnot. yay!