Wednesday, January 11, 2006

phew!

Lesson today went quite very well! The only bad part came right at the beginning: I informed David that I had changed my PDQ Bach piece. There are two in the book that make fairly blatant reference to the Rondo alla Turka that Im playing. The original one I was going to play was pretty much the main material quoted and played around with as the subject of the fugue. The piece I have decided on however, uses the rolicking major-section theme of the piece as its prelude. The fugue is based 'unser Nomme Bach'(Bb A C B which spells BACH) and it has episodes exhibiting the familiar melody 'for he's a jolly good fellow'. I think they're both good, BUT I decided the second was more showy and delightful.
Despite his disappointment with the piece selection, he approves of my recital program. All I need to do is to make some formatting adjustments and then hand in the forms for my recital which will be
Tuesday, March 14'th, 2006 at 7:30 PM
in Eva Clare Hall, University of Manitoba School of Music...
don't worry, I'll remind you!
The lesson was good, we covered Mozart and Scriabin, cause they're coming up soon. He seems satisfied with the Scriabin and my style of playing it... and we worked on some strong methods of forced memorization, as it's not quite soming naturally.
The Mozart however, is being memorized quite nicely, and I haven't a worry about that.

The real excitment of today came when I got home. There's nothing better than getting home from a long day and there actually being dinner ready... I'm spoiled and lucky. My parents have given up on me coming home regularly for dinner, cause it is pretty random, I usually just eat the leftovers later on.
Then, I was told that I had a phone message I should check on the machine. After eating I checked it, and ...................
It was the director of the ballet school saying that she wanted to get in touch with me. Now, I'm not going to get all excited about the prospect of getting this job and start tittering like a school girl, tee hee hee hee, but I am presuming that she wants to set up an interview, which would we great. I guess there are three possibilities of what she wants to say.
1) "Michael, you suck, and go away. You can't have this job, in fact, give us back the old one"
2) 'Michael, would you please come in for an interview so we can assess your assets"
3) "Wow, you are so wonderful, I would be CRAZY to not give it to you, take it... now!"
and of those options, I'd be happy with 2 of the 3.
Well, I have to keep on track with my practice regime I've set up, so I'll do a little of that tonight, I don't have school til late tomorrow afternoon, so I can be up lateish, although I need to await that phone call tomorrow.

No comments: