Thursday, January 12, 2006

new discovery!

so, did I mention that I have discovered suspenders? I know I didn't, but I ask for dramatic emphasis! They are wonderful.
It all started a few days ago. I had bought my new jeans and had worn them around the house or something... but when I ran out the house to go to school, and had to run for my bus, my pants felt uncomfortably loose. The jeans i had before were a size smaller, so I didn't thinkof wearing a belt. The next day, I couldn't find my belt so I suffered the same hardships as the day previous. That evening, I remembered I had a pair of suspenders in a drawer. They were from a play or something in high school.
The moral of the story is that I'm happy I decided to give them a try. The first evening i wore them, I realised why undershirts can be a good thing. Today I wore them to school over another shirt and wore a sweater so all was well. The only downfall of them is that you have to tuck in whichever shirt you wear... which often highlights my belly... So perhaps I might not wear them as oft as I might plan.. or maybe they will give me new inspiration to not be fat.
Another good thing about them is that they give me gentle reminders to lower my shoulders and not tense up. And they even sort of help my posture somehow.
Hmm, while Im talking about random things sort of fashion or style related...
Today my hair looked pretty shitty. The good thing about long hair was that it could be messy and it gave me that dissheveled look. It is currently not long enough to have that effect. Normally my hair just falls into place but not when it's oily. I'm making it oily by choice.
"But why, Michael?" you may ask. the answer is as follows:
I have washed my hair pretty much every day, with shampoo and stuff for years and years. I thought nothing of this until a while ago, I was informed that you shouldn't wash every day, because it gets rid of the natural oils in your hair. This is true, and to make up for it, my head replenishes those oils quickly, so if I don't shampoo in the morning, my hair gets oily. My theory is that I will stop washing daily, maybe only every second or third day. This will cause my head to adopt a new cycle of oil replenishment, as I dont think the high paced current cycle is a good thing. I might run out of oils.
If anyone knows about hair and would like to give me some actual info, feel free.
I figure that its better to have oily hair now with relatively short hair, otherwise long and greasy is just nasty. The theory is that it will only be oily for a while, then the body will readjust.
Hmm, I think thats all. Yes, yes that's it.

No comments: