Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I am stupid and insane.

Ok, so a little while ago, teachers started putting up the lists of their students who are doing festival, and I laughed at the people who were registered for like... 5 or six classes... cause in all honesty, thats a little excessive, especially in the higher levels where the rep is difficult and its always the same adjudicator. You work your ass off to hear generally the same comments 5 times over, albeit with a different spin.
While at the time, I laughed... I laugh no more.. until the weeks of Feb28-March3 and then March 13-17 come... when I might devellop a constant laugh or cackle or something from stress... I'm accompanying a few of my friends as well as students from 2 teachers of the Mb.Conservatory. From the conservatory all the kids are young and in lower levels, so im doing some musical theatre and little art songs... so it won't be too taxing to learn them. My friends are doing harder rep, so it will be a little more to learn, but my friends are worth it.
Oh yes, between those two weeks.. guess how many classes I'm accompanying for...
oh ya, thats right... 23, twenty-frickin three!! and I still have a few more to pencil in.. and three of those are on March 14'th.....
"but michael, why do you emphasize THAT day?"
BECAUSE ITS MY RECITAL!!!
oi vay... Im sure I can handle it.. I'm so glad that Im doing the preparations such that I will be prepared 2 weeks in advance... as well I have the week in between where i only play for classes on one day.
The reality of the situation is that I just won't be going to school with any regularity during that time. All time other than accompanying will be spent preparing for recital.
I hope I make it....

No comments: