Monday, January 23, 2006

Voting is delicious!

So, i just voted... now its supper and time to run back to school for chamber music rehearsal... what a rush.. all for the sake of acknowleding my democratic right and responsibility.
So, I decided not to eat my ballot, as I don't really want a criminal record.. perhaps at a protest or something, but not really at a voting station. Yet I was hungry. In terms of the regulatoins, its illegal to deface or destroy a ballot willingly.. but sometimes you dont need to eat something to enjoy it and savour it....
I took my ballot and went to the little voting cubicle... I marked my choice and then proceded to smell and then lick my ballot. I made sure that all candidates were touched by my tongue, as I feel they all need a taste of my version of election reform!
This is not as much a little secret as I make it out to be.... when I got my ballot, I asked the polling officers if it was illegal to LICK a ballot, as it does not constitute the willful destruction or whatnot. His immediate response was no, but then he replied that there's nothing to say that I can't . To this I responded "Excellent, thank you" and went to cast my lick and X.
Anyway, supper awaits me.. the ballot lick wasn't as filling as it could have been if I outright ate it.
Fun fun fun, practice and coaching and all sorts of fun tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes. satisfying post, to say the least.

you are my hero.