Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wow, things have been intolerably busy lately.. well not really, but yes they have me going constantly. Also, I've been concentrating on practicing quite a bit lately, that I've let other things sneak up on me. I still haven't really done any worthwhile work on my analysis paper, but the general concensus in the class is that we're all handing it in late, and the prof is ok with that. In that realm.. I personally don't like the fact that I have pushed aside academics for the sake of performance.
I was actually worried for ballet class yesterday. It was the one that I had gottent he 70 page book to learn, and in a last minute dash to make sure it was secure yesterday, it wasn't. I had to leave the school anyway, but over supper I wrote in all the bass notes so I wouldnt have to worry about that, and it sets up the piece's structure which helps. Nevertheless, the class went very well. Once we were started, it was more clear exactly what she wanted: only the set exercises (half the music or less). She was very happy that I improvise, and liked what she heard. She informed me that she wanted me to do improvisations in the style of whichever piece it is. The music was published as the necessary music in 1985, and she's taught this exam every year since... so you can understand she's sick of it... RAD syllabus music is bad music too, seems to be the general concensus among ballet students, teachers, and musicians. Oh well, I will make do with it, and improve it within the variations.
A good/bad news mix. I didn't make the Genser finals. Sadness = I really could use that money...(providing I would be best or second best...) Happiness = without the lure of that money, I can at least let one piece slip away for now (until jury) and concentrate on all the other stuff I have going on. LIKE RECITAL. If I had been doing Genser, the majority of my recital would have needed to be prepared to the same level 3 weeks earlier... While this would make the recital that much more secure, I can do without the added stress and rush. Now, as a result, I will aim to have my pieces completely prepared just a bit later, but still well in advance.
On that subject, staying on schedule for recital as well as MRMTA this weekend, my whole sonata is supposed to be prepared and wonderful as of tomorrow. It is not. The finale is there, because I've already played it, but the second is still en route and the first has some holes.
That, is what today is for! Im not going to run and take a shower and eat lunch, then its practice practice practice... I'm gonna concentrate solely on Mozart today, unless I get really bored, then I'll be productive on other pieces. here we go!

No comments: