Sunday, January 22, 2006

swhoosh

hmm... a whole weekend without a post... it must have been busy.. i guess it sorta was... not much time at home.
there was a fondu, a symphonic/oratorioic experience of religious fervour, rehearsal, potluck, and ballet.
I recorded myself playing for dance class on saturday... then, I spent quite a bit finding useable parts and smacking them together.. I just finished making up a cd of some of the exercises and some solo piiano stuff.
I think it turned out well, and it will show what Im like s a ballet pianist... if they dont like it, then I'm probably not the ballet pianist for them. So ya, I'm sending this as part of the application procedure for a summer program far away from here.
It seems like I spent the entire weekend running around and not getting much done.... absolutely no practicing since friday mid afternoon.... oi! so i was at the school tonight and making sure that I got a little bit done. I looked at my pieces.. and I'm completely off track with my practice regime... the Scriabin didn't get to full tempo even though it was supposed to be there last wednesday.. oh well. I will work more on shaping so it sounds impressive at the audition. I made a good go at relearning the Rachmaninof Prelude. It feels comfortable, but I have to reforce the memory to be more secure. Of course there much more to be done. The Mozart still needs a touch more speed, but it is very accurate and has the finesse that will help me out in a competition scenario
So ya, the good thing about tonight.. is that I learned a big chunk of the Bach fugue. The second half wasn't even close to the point that I could play through it at any tempo.... Particularl y the second half was bad... so out of the 12 lines on the last two pages, I have learned 8 of them securely at a slow tempo, but now with that stability, I can start moving the tempo up. Once I get to that point.. I just move the digital metronome up one at a time, and eventually it will be to full tempo. I'm noticing that that part isn't that hard at all... most of the work comes in getting to that point... oh well.
I was made aware today that our Analysis paper is due in 1 week... eep. I have to start on that and oi, i have afeeling its going to take longer than Im willing to commit to. but ya, I will get a move on that, otherwise this time next week, I will be dying of tiredness and still writing it (BASTARDS!)
Um ya, its 2am.. i go sleepy

No comments: