Tuesday, January 24, 2006

So I think that Wednesdays have become my busy school days now. I have class at 9:30 then at 11:30, then a lesson at 2:30 and a chamber rehearsal after that at 4:30. Monday counts as my long day, because I have class either 9:30 (or 11:30) -12:20 and a composition lesson at 1:30 and then I stay at the school until I have to leave for the Contemporary dancers for 5-6:30 and then right after dance class, I have to head straight back to the university for our chamber coaching at 7:30. Fun!
Wow, I never realised how full my schedule was until I just mentioned it... earlier it seemed light, but thats because I hadn't figured in lessons and rehearsals and coachings... then theres always practice time which has to weasel its way in there somewhere.
Anyway... I went for tea and knitting with Fi tonight, it was wonderful. I got home after 11ish and since parents hadn't quite gone to bed yet, i practiced... at which point dad went to the bedroom... Just around 12:20, I got the official shush from mom, so I stopped. During this time, I got caught up (to last weeks tempos) on the Bach prelude as well as the Brahms Capriccio. I came to the realisation that I had been ignoring the Brahms.. and I will need them to be prepared sometime... soonish. I realise that Im getting back on track with everything except for the Bach fugue and the PDQ Bach stuff. But, in my defense, I haven't planned on playing those for the Genser finals, so I have a few extra weeks for them.
I keep alternating between feeling confidant about this recital when I feel things are on track... and the other feeling is fear that I'm not going to have everything prepared and its all gonna fall to shit. Right now, Im having the good feeling.
I also have the good feeling about my poster. I've decided the fun poster will only exist in small form (5x7). I sent Jon the picture I want him to use... its the most inspiring picture I've ever seen of myself. I can't wait to see it on a super sexy woman lying atop a piano... He says it won't take much effort to make it happen and that he'll probably have something for me in a week. As for the serious one.. it's hard for us to be serious, but ya he'll make something soon enough.
SO ya, that picture I sent him... I took it this morning.. i had a little photo shoot... it was hard to find the perfect of things to stack up so that the camera would be at just the right height for a headshot. I really like the picture, but the resolution is really high.. and that means that you can look in fine details at my face... and it's not quite pretty... if he needs a better picture, I'll put the effort into shaving and whatnot, so I don't look quite as grody.. but thats why the fun pic will only exist in small form....
alas, it is late and class is early tomorrow.
guten nacht

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

serious picture?
wow, that's a tough one.

But i guess i kinda picture you to one side with a scarf on (one that you knit of course) with a slight smirk on your face. It should be a sort of 'i play piano. muahha.teehee' kind of feeling.

hm. it will be interesting tho.
i'm excited!