Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Lesson day

hmm,
today is my lesson day and even though I got myself hardcore organized for recital and competitions and stuff, I can't help but feel slightly unprepared.
I think it's just because last week I covered Mozart, Scriabin and Brahms; this week the Brahms will not be making an appearance. I have been doing some work on him, but never enough.
On the other hand, I will have the entire sonata to play for him, versus the last movement... so ya, thats a big difference... approximately 19 minutes of music difference... ok, I don't feel so bad.
Anyway, today is a long day and it is far too early in the morning already. I will drink white hot chocolate on the way to school and hopefully that will make everything better.
I got a call from my boss at the Modern Dance school I work at, and I have another ballet class, meaning I will work monday AND friday, 1.5 hours each. I could have had another day, but I said now because it would have been out of the way. I couldn't justify rush hour driving for half an hour and then the subsequent parking, just for 1 hour of work. Nevertheless, this means an extra 100$ a month, which is VERY welcomed!!
Back to the lesson thing, I think I've finally taken the approach to thinking about practicing that David has been encouraging.. let's see if I actually got it right...

No comments: