Sunday, January 15, 2006

hmm, still sick

I've been sick since like October or November or something.
I was on the roids (ster, not hemm) for 2 months, and they only masked the sickness. At the end of the first month, i was running out of the prescription puffer, i could tell cause I was coughing again. I went to the doctor and he told me to keep taking them. mumbly mumbly, I don't trust him anymore, because I didn't even show signs of getting better, if i missed my drugs, I felt like shit. it was more of a cough suppressant thing than anything.
Today I was woken by a feeling of nausea that in spite of my efforts to ignore, resulted in mild to moderate puking. I've spent most of the rest of the day feeling ick. I'm better now, but trying to keep hydrated. I don't think this is directly related to my bronchitis. The Bronchitis still hasn't gone away, but Im just more aware of it when other things are wrong with me.
I probably shouldn't have gone to my _____ practice today, my voice hurt, so singing was a bit of a stretch. Apparently other people who should have been there were also having the sickness.
Im not enjoying my mothers excessive new eating thing. She was diagnosed with borderline type 2 diabetes, she can cantrol it with diet and excercise and has been quite well, so hats off to her, but BOO. They wen't grocery shopping today, but you wouldn't notice. No cookies, no snacks, no granoly bars, no luncheon meats... what the heck am i supposed to do. those things make up the bulk of my lunches... I cannot survive in such an atmosphere
If she wants to starve herself (of unhealthy deliciousness), fine! but I will not be sucked into this intolerable abyss of (health inspired) starvation.
I also have no money, so I can't even afford to be going out to eat either... i suppose I will be a healthier person for it. grr I blame the lack of deliciousness in the house to making me sick...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could take this opportunity to cut down on your sweets, and enjoy a healthier lifestyle with the support of you whole family...

of course, you're Michael, and we'd all be shocked at this gesture.
I'll have to make you cookies one day.

I hope you go to the doctor (a different one) and find out what is wrong with you, it doesn't sound good. Make them check for blasto. just to show that you're really angry.
(not that you have blasto - unless you were digging in the dirt in kenora lately) but showing that you're taking an interest in your own illness shows initiative, and anger, and that usually gets some kind of response.
Yes, hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Mikey, that photo of you with the cut out looks like you're gettin' jiggy wit some sort of really really extremely very ghetto Ronald McDonald impersonator's cut out. It's hot.

I'm sorry to hear you're still feeling so shitty, but at least you have Gertrude to help ease the pain. If I may submit a suggestion for next year's temporary offensive body art d'oeuvre: Bertha

Michael Park said...

thank you for your concern, but all is well. I had a moment there of actually letting the illness getting to me, but Im back to my ways of not letting it bog me down.
Bertha was acutally one of the original name options from last year. Thats still one of my favorite names ever, so perhaps next time....