Thursday, January 25, 2007

ANGER

syllabication makes me angry.
do you know the wierd al song, "everything you know is wrong"?
thats how I feel
syllabication is the way we divide words up into syl-la-bles.
In my piece... the text was wridden with su-gar, coo-kies, mo-mma and many mnay many other words..... ALL OF THEM WERE WRONG
i wear about 90% wrongness factor here
the correct versions are
sug-ar, coo-ies, mom-ma, !!!!
I meant to get a lot done tonight, but I just spent the last hour and a half fixing all of those texts... and I couldnt just copy and paste, no no... I had to select and retype them all... the equivalent of renaming a file in windows..

Anyway, this issue was brought up during my composition lesson today. I really wish I had known how to do this properly int he first place, it would have saved me hours!
anyway, now I know,ma nd I'm well versed in the the rules of syllabication... generally LOOK IN THE FUCKING DICTIONARY.... every single word is syllabified there for us.... gahg!


comp lesson/look over my piece was good. I got some good ideas of things I can do long term with the piece, and some with what I can do in the next day. He thought the piece was quite good, he just suggests a little more subtlely... great.. cause thats the kind of thing I can fix up in a night...
but ya, there were good details he pointed out that I can work on, that will help make it appear to be more subtle (sub-tle, for those wondering).
I have no class tomorrow, so tomorrow is offical get the UBC application ready to mail day! I have a statement of goals to write, but that will be a lot of cut and paste work from the other things I've written this year about similar topics. I think that's about it for what I still need to do besides this piece... so ya,I have to finish putting the fin-ish-ing touch-es on this piece. I basically have all day to do that... I will be sending the application in the mail saturday during my lunch break. I will use the binding machine at the ballet to get it nicely in one piece, and then all is done for UBC. I still have to hand in the U of M one.. that requires writing a CV and a statement of goals or whatnot...
I would feel a lot more comfortable if I could mail the UBC one tomorrow,but I'm being realistic... although saturday is the absolute latest... way to go Mr. Pro-cras-ti-na-tion.
but ya, back to the work at hand.

No comments: