Tuesday, January 16, 2007

so, as evident in my last post... i've been a little stressed lately.
I have been doing better than other years, that's for sure.
anyway, i think the reason that I appear less stressed is that I've been bottling it or whatnot.. now, I'm aware that the stress is still there, so I can maybe deal with it better. Anyway, the double major thingy has been driving me a little bonkers... I really want to do really well at both composition and piano, but I've not been able to give either the proper attention. I'm not just saying that because I don't have twice the time available... rather, I know what I could do to balance the workload, and I haven't been doing it.
Moral is that I know myself well enough, and i know that once these applications are out of the way, I will be much more relaxed even though the rectial will be much more pressing as of February. I am quite fond of the concept of Recital vs. everything else... but currently, Recital vs Composition vs. everything else... wellthe thing to ignore isn't so obvious...so I end up in a rut.

On a positive note, tomorrow is my composition lesson. I took a fresh look at part of the piece tonight, and I made a lot of progress... enough to say that a whole section of the piece is ready, save a few alterations that I know I will end up making. Now, I'm working on getting that section notated on the computer, then at least I will have something quite definate to take to my lesson tomorrow. Oh ya, something I forgot to think about... my comp teacher is going to France next weekend, and he won't be back until after my submission will be due.... and I sure as hell don't have a complete piece to show him... BUT we will have a lot of the concepts and design issues to talk about tomorrow, so we can address those. After that point, I can take the finished or near-finished piece to one of the other composition teachers at the school

So yes, I'll leave you now, so that I can get some more work done tonight.
Goodnight.

I can't remember if I gave closure to my stress-ramblings up there, but yes, I am feeling much better at this time. I had a completely psychopathic conversation with myself on the way to accompany this evening, and we.. I mean I got some things sorted out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hate stress - it does horrible things to me. Most of hte month of December was a great month - i was stress free and all of my health problems went away (achyness, acne, stomach problems, tiredness). And *bam* - as soon as school starts my body rejects everything and i'm all sick and moody.
Stress and i do not get along. So i know now that i have to learn to manage it. Right now i'm just entirely dividing my day into very specific slots, while leaving time for 'nothing' (or, more correctly, Rob). I'm not all on board yet, especiall since today i was supposed to be at school already, but it's a start.
Here's wishing you stress-free days!