Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I'm taking a practice break, perhaps maybe even calling it quits for the evening. I jumped back in on practicing Liszt after quite a bit of a hiatus, problem is that my muscles were not prepared... now my right shoulder is not happy with me. I'm icing it and making sure to relax it, but ya, silly arm!
It's seems silly to stop, because my parents went out so I could have the evening to practice, with the house to myself, but I shan't do something that would be more damaging than good. Anyway, it was a fairly good day for Liszt, I reacquainted myself with some bits, and I figured out one little bar that I was just about to give up on. There's a long way to go on that bastard piece yet... quite yet...
My justification is that it is the last piece of my recital.. so I have more time to prepare it than the other pieces.... yes that's it... we'll see how David feels about that.Hahaha.
Composition lesson went well, he was happy with what I had done, and he agrees that I need some different colour/not choices. The main focus is the rhythm, BUT I need to figure out what 'sound' I'm going for. right now, it's far to diatonic/unadventurous. Not that I'm doing it solely for the sake of adventure, rather sicne it's too diatonic, everything blends together too easily; I want that blend to be achieved by the rhythmic design of the piece, not as a direct result of the chordal/harmonic language. Anyway, at the moment, I just want to get the formal structure all in place, after thats done, I can change the notes and all that stuff after the fact. I'm getting to the point that I just need something that I can send off with my portfolio, regardless of how satisfied I am with it. I want to have reached that stage by the beginning of next week, as in Monday. I want to have it mailed by thursday or Friday at the absolute latest... OMG
a)I'm almost finished!!! exciement
b)It's almost time, this deadline is approaching like a bat outta hell!!! Fear.
Yep, only one more week!!!Fear and Excitement.

Also, I think I might vaguely be getting sick ish. I haven't been able to stay hydrated for a few days, and I can pre-feel the signs of illness... to combat, I took a lot of Vitamin C caplets...!

No comments: