Sunday, January 07, 2007

So, I got a bit done on the composition last night, and I now have a lesson booked for thursday. It's later than I wanted to leave it, but I really can't be so picky.
I will be working every morning this week except for my lesson day on thursday. The contemporary dance company in town called and asked me to play for company classes this week. I am excited because this is a great opportunity. For as long as I've worked for the Ballet, people always have thought that I played for the actual ballerinas, and then they would mask the dissappointment when I told them I only played for children and students. For once, I will be playing for professional dancers. The work itself will not be any different, but the context will be. In a way, it's more intimidating... much more actually... and add to the situation that this will be the first time that the artistic director will actually be hearing me play, it's like an audition.
Anyway, I'm not going to think too much about it. Tonight Im going to practice at the school, I need to at least touch the Liszt, as I haven't in such a long time...hmm, maybe I should cancel my lesson and work thursday... but that would just be avoiding the situation.
I will also do some practice improv in the modern style tonight. I'll force myself to do different phrase structures... thats one of the hard things for me.. to play with phrases other than 8's.
So ya, enough talk, off I go!

I'll be sure to post about how tomorrow goes...
oh ya, and I'm only living at Binky's for 2 more days... I'm moving back home on tuesday. I'm going to miss my new cat friend.

No comments: